10 Must-Reads For Every Beauty Pro
As an industry professional, you probably have your favorite resources for technical education, but when it comes to your personal growth as a professional, it might be hard to find something tailored to your experience. Whether you’re a seasoned pro or you’re just getting started, it’s imperative that you continue to grow and develop your skills as a well-rounded professional, not just technical education. If you ask any successful entrepreneur what the key to their success is, they will tell you the number one contributing factor is working on all of the nitty-gritty business and soft skills that nurture your personal growth.
So, what resources are available to help you become well-rounded? I highly recommend building your library of powerful books. Coupled with the online courses we have that can help you build the skill sets you need, each of these can be tossed into your work bag and read between appointments or during your commute. Many of these influential reads are what I like to refer to as “quick” reads. They don’t require a great deal of time and are ideal for individuals that don’t consider themselves as “books lovers.” Of course, thanks to technology, many of these books can easily be download onto your eReader or phone.
Here’s my list of “quick” reads that cover a wide range of skills-sets to help you become a well-rounded industry professional.
- Raving Fans – by Harvey Mackay
- The Art of Profitability – by Adrian Slywotzky
- Beyond WOW – by Myra Golden
- 101 Ways to Have a Great Day @ Work – by Stephanie Goddard Davidson
- Secret Service – by John Dijulius
- Be Nice or Else! – by Winn Claybaugh
- The 17 Essential Qualities of a Team Player – by John C. Maxwell
- Successful Salon & Spa Management – by Edward Tezak
- Retailing Management for Salons & Spas -by International SPA Association and ISPA Foundation
- Self-Care for Hairdressers – by Rebecca Beardsley
Here’s some more excellent books!
Hair Structure and Chemistry Simplified by John Halal.Chemical and Physical Behavior of Human Hair by Clarence R. Robbins, this is the bible!!!
Milady Skin Care and Cosmetic Ingredients Dictionary, great for quick look up of ingredients.
Science of Hair Care by Claude Bouillon and John Wilkinson
Simplified Hairdressing Science by David Salinger & Jon Williams
The Complexities of Coloring Hair by Tom Dispenza
The World of Hair Colour by Dr. John Grey